Episode 4: Login, Logout
In this episode I use (and then customise) Laravel's authentication scaffolding so I can log in and log out.
One single feature, fully implemented.
In this episode I add a profile management section to the app that allows users to change their email address and name.
Use the outline below to jump to relevant parts for you.
- 0:01:00 – Review of previous episode, plans for this episode
- 0:03:00 – Creating a new view with a route
- 0:13:37 – Extracting boilerplate from theme
- 0:27:50 – Binding user properties to form elements
- 0:31:37 – Updating the user's details via the route
- 0:39:36 – Adding an accessor to the User model
- 0:41:09 – Making the form responsive
- 1:13:50 – Validating the email address as unique
- 1:24:15 – Flashing a success message when the profile has been updated